What are the good questions to get to know someone? What are some personal questions to ask to get to know someone? Surely, there are moments when you are going to meet a new friend or you are going to interact with other people. There are also moments when you what to know what goes through his/her mind. Moreover, aside from knowing what goes through someone’s mind and asking questions to get in someone’s head, you want to know what kind of person she/he is.
If you have experiences with a person, it is easier to determine how well he/she behave in front of you. On the other hand, you might also wonder what deep questions you can ask a guy or a girl or if you want to know your crush because you want to befriend him/her, you will think of deep questions to ask your crush to keep the conversation going. However, there are situations that can happen when we know a person for many years already but we are not that close to them. Some of the cases are when:
- Workmates are only workmates and when they are outside of work, they become awkward with each other.
- Families are living far from each other.
- A person did not behave as you expected.
- Your neighbor may look nice but you actually don’t know what’s happening inside their house.
What questions to ask?
There are people doing a get to know me tag to remove the awkwardness form starting a conversation. If you are friends with someone but you don’t have a close relationship, it’s time to prepare questions to ask your friends. Let’s take a look at a list of the best questions to get to know someone. Always remember that your conversation should flow naturally. Find the best time to talk with the person you want to know and talk casually.
1. Relationships with other people
If you want to know how he/she is going to treat you or behave when he/she is with you, you can ask him/her about their relationships so you can know how he/she treats other people around him/her. One of the best questions to get to know someone is to ask him/her about his/her family and how it is with his/her family. With this, you can know if he/she has a good relationship with his/her family. You can also know if he/she is living with his/her family or living independently. However, you must remember that not all people are fine with talking about their family so if he/she doesn’t want to talk about it, you must respect him/her. Also, keep the tone of your voice calm while you are talking. You may ask interesting questions to ask a guy or a girl like conflicts, partners, or friends. Some of the example questions are:
- What is the most memorable moment of your past for you?
- How do you see friendship?
- Among your family members, who are you the closest with? Why?
- Did you ever have a boyfriend/girlfriend?
- What do you value most in a friendship?
2. Things about him/herself
There are people who don’t want to answer these deep relationship questions because it may be a little personal for them. If that’s the case, you can come up with some “get to know me questions.” or you can make him talk about him/herself. Some of the best questions to get to know someone with this are:
- What is the craziest thing you’ve done?
- What are your wishes that you would include on your bucket list?
- What are your fears?
- What achievement are you most proud of?
- What’s your weirdest dream?
- If you would choose to live in one place forever, where would it be?
3. His/Her dream lifestyle
Asking about someone’s dreams or dreamed of lifestyle may be one of the fun questions to answer but it can also be one of the deep questions to know a guy or a girl. However, you will be able to know someone’s deep thoughts through these kinds of questions. You may be able to know if they ever dreamed of traveling around the world, go hiking on different mountains or stay on a farm with his/her family. You will also know if the person is someone who fights for what he/she wants or a conservative one. These are some of the best questions to ask:
- What would be a perfect day for you?
- What is the moment you will always be proud of?
- What is your ideal vacation?
- Where is your favorite place?
- Do you love to travel?
4. Relationships with the opposite sex
Based on their past relationships, you can know the opinion of someone on romantic relationships. You may actually know if they have resentments because someone had hurt them. You can also know if someone had cheated, lied to them or rejected them and how they handled it. Most of the time these can be the best questions to ask to get to know someone. Some negative things can be highlighted with the conversation but there are also times that one person’s past relationships went well. On the first few hangouts, these may be one of the interesting questions about life and you can also know someone slowly by asking these questions. Some of the questions to ask are:
- What do you like most about a girl/boy? What do you hate most?
- Will you forgive infidelity?
- What’s your ideal relationship?
- What’s your ideal date?
5. Topics like culture, sports, politics, music, etc.
Asking a person about his/her hobbies, beliefs, passions, likes or dislikes is one of the best questions to get to know someone. You can him/her what interests him/her the most and keep the conversation going. Some of the example questions are:
- What book do you like to read the most?
- What kind of TV show is your favorite?
- What sports do you like to do?
- Who the best author for you?
- Who is your favorite actor? How about your favorite actress?
- What genre of a song do you like to listen to the most?
6. Existential questions
To allow you to get to know someone, deep questions may be the most interesting questions to ask a guy or a girl. Some may be intrusive questions to ask and have to be done when the right time comes like when you already spend a lot of time with each other. You may be the first one to express your opinion so he/she will be comfortable.
- When was the last time you cried?
- What was the best advice you head from someone?
- What would you like to do before you die?
- If you would be a superhero, what superpower would you like to have?
These questions may help you know someone deeper and may give you information about him/her. However, remember that all things take time. Keep the conversation flowing casually and naturally. If you make someone feel that he/she can be comfortable with you, you may discover things about him/her that you may not expect.