Relationship Issues: What Does it Mean When Your Wife Doesn’t Show Affection?
Affection simply shows that you care about someone, but some might be wondering what it means when your wife doesn’t show affection.
When your wife displays affection, it is how she shows you that she cares about how you feel and eager to be close to you. Essentially, it establishes her connection with you. If the affection starts to decline from your wife, it indicates that she feels isolated and unloved. If you want your wife to show warmth to you, it is vital to show her the same.
What does it mean when your wife doesn’t show affection?
There are several reasons why your wife is not showing the same affection as before. If you are wondering about what it means when your wife doesn’t show affection, let us now take a close look at some of the common reasons.
- Slipping into a neutral state around your wife, rather than being masculine and making her feel girly in your presence. Due to this, you and your wife feel more like friends than being a man and wife who are attracted to each other and excited about being in love with one another.
- Your wife feels as though affection and sex are not essential components of your marriage because it has been done in the past and all she wants now is to grow old together.
- Doing things that caused your wife to lose respect and attraction for you over the past few months or years. Due to this, your wife no longer feels the spark with you. If you have been turning her off by being moody, insecure, irritable or argumentative, you can deal with the issue and start making her feel attracted to you from now on.
- Your wife does not feel much excitement about the concept of getting sexual with you now because both of you have done the same thing every time. Another reason is that your sexual approach to her is somewhat neutral instead of being masculine at times.
- You have been too serious with your interactions with your wife and there is no longer humor or laugher between you to make her feel comfortable about being affectionate. In the long run, your wife will feel uptight if you are around rather than positive, happy and relaxed.
Depending on the case for you and your wife, there is a way to restore the spark in your marriage.
The reason for the change in the level of affection of your wife is usually under your control. Remember that it is based on how you think, feel, talk and act around here.
Generally, the attraction is easy at the start of a relationship since it is new and exciting, but as a relationship starts to mature, you must find ways to add fuel to the fire of attraction to keep the light shining brightly.
Is it right to blame your wife?
Oftentimes, men make the mistake that if a woman stops giving any form of affection, it is usually her fault.
There are instances where it is the fault of the woman. Nevertheless, in a relationship, it is the responsibility of the man to lead the way to deeper feelings of love, attraction and respect over time.
In the past, a woman must stay with a man for life since it was considered disgraceful to end up in divorce. Today, many women seek to leave their husbands if the spark dies and he no longer makes the effort to restore it.
In most circumstances, the wife will only start to consider leaving after she opens herself up to flirting with other men and feels more attraction and excitement when around them. Although she will not stray right away, if the spark has long died at home and her husband is blaming her for it, the woman might seek ways to feel happy and attracted around other men.
Reasons for the decline in affection
It is the responsibility of the man to keep the spark alive in your relationship. Although a woman will take on the responsibility in some cases, she will simply wait for you to take the lead and make her feel the way she wants to feel.
If you are wondering what it means when your wife doesn’t show affection, you might be making these mistakes.
Taking your wife for granted
The respect, love, and attraction that you and your wife feel for each other are likely to fade away if it is not taken care of, nurtured and built on in the long run.
This simply means that you must make sure that even if life gets too tough, you should not stop making your wife feel loved, valued, appreciated and attracted.
Sadly, some men falter under the pressure of daily life and they no longer genuinely notice their wife or even show interest in her efforts such as cooking your favorite meals, keeping the house tidy and neat or taking care of the children.
If your wife feels that she is being taken for granted, it is only natural that she is not going to reward you with affection. In a marriage, you must care about your wife and her feelings. She must be the person that you truly love and care about the most.
Putting your wife in the position of power
When caring for your wife and her feelings, it does not necessarily mean that you will allow her to walk all over you.
It is important to note that a woman will always test you to check how much she can get away with and to see if whether you are still the man in the relationship. If you will allow your wife to boss you around and step on your feelings, wants and needs, she will eventually lose respect for you as a man. Once a woman doesn’t fully respect her man, she will lose the desire to be affectionate with him.
Remember that women are sexually attracted to confident men who are emotionally and mentally strong and can take the lead in a relationship. If a husband gives in to whatever his wife wants for fear of losing hear, she will naturally lose respect for him and if this continues, she loses feelings of attraction for him.
Hiding your true potential as a man
When a man falls into a pattern of hiding from success and his true potential, his wife might lose respect and attraction. Your wife might feel repulsed by the idea of touching you or getting intimate with you.
Remember that a woman wants to feel proud of her man. Women want to feel safe knowing that their man will continue to push forward in creating a better life for his family.
By now, those who are wondering about what it means when your wife doesn’t show affection have an answer. Depending on the relationship issues you might be facing with your wife, it is vital to determine the root cause of why the level of affection your wife shows is declining and find ways to restore the spark. In marriage, there are ups and downs and if both work together, any obstacles along the way can be remedied.
- A Guide for Stepmoms: 7 Tips on Handling Blended Family
- 4 Interesting Facts About the Difference between Gay and Heterosexual Relationship
- 6 Unforgettable Short Stories About Love and Romance
- Family Relationships Online Parenting Plan: is it Effective?
- Language of Love: 15 Fun Ways for You to Give Words of Affirmation to Him
- How to Tell he Loves You by his Kiss?