The 14th of February is one of the most awaited celebrations in the Gregorian calendar. It is the day of romance and affection, full of flowery and sweet chocolates. Valentine’s Day is a celebration that profoundly emphasizes the importance of love to your family, friends and of course your significant other it is the day where you can play even some of the most romantic and traditional gestures that have faded in our modern society.
This romantic day is a great day to celebrate a life of love with your boyfriend, girlfriend, husband or wife. The hearts day is a day where we commemorate our power to give love and to receive love, it is a great day that celebrates the power of love through many different efficacious ways.
Whether it’s the year 2010, 2016, 2017 or 2019. The valentine’s day is still ten days that showcases our love for one another and this love, maybe you’re confused about Valentine’s Day movie everyone has been talking about for years now but this article mainly focuses on the actual Valentine’s day.
In this article, we present to you the history of Valentine’s day, some notable quotes about Valentine’s day, along with romantic ideas for him or her.
History of Valentines day celebration
Valentine’s day or also called Saint Valentine’s Day and the Feast of Saint Valentine’s is an annual tradition that happens every 14th of February.
Valentine’s day is a popular celebration that originated in the western Christian feast day honoring the name of Saint Valentinus some experts also believed that Valentine’s Day originated from the very early pagan celebration in Greece where people would enjoy the celebration through sexual promiscuity.
Many Historians believed that the 14th of February Valentine’s day was an attempt to Christianity the pagan celebration of Lupercalia.
The festivities of Lupercalia was specifically dedicated to honoring the Roman God of Agriculture Faunus, Lupercalia also celebrates the founders of time namely – Romulus and Remus.
The festivities would include a sacrificial ritual involving the slaughter of a dog for purification and a goat for fertility, this ritual is performed by Lupercalia priests in the sacred cave where the notorious Romulus and Remus were supposed to be taken cared by a she-wolf. These festivities is a very gory and cruel one compared to Valentine’s Day we are celebrating today, nevertheless, it is very important for us especially historians see this today to essentially know the history and deep-rooted meaning of people celebrating Valentine’s Day.
But focusing on the Christian History of Valentine’s Day Celebration, the celebration of Valentine’s Day is February 14 because there was a written account of Saint Valentine being imprisoned in Rome before due to his defiance to the Roman Empire by performing weddings on celibate soldiers who were forbidden to marry.
There were also numerous miraculous deeds Saint Valentine performed through the grace of God one of these stories is that Saint Valentine restored the eyesight of the blind daughter of the judge who is part of the system who wants to persecute him.
In addition to this, during the 14th Century, the 14th day of February became a highly associated with the expression of romantic love die to Geoffrey Chaucer and this tradition continued to be celebrated in the 18th century England in which men expressed their love to their fellow women by presenting flowers, confectionery, and greeting cards
Today, Valentine’s Day or Saint Valentine’s day is a widely known celebration around the world and it is a celebration of romantic or eros love around the world.
Valentine’s Day Ideas and Tips
Valentine’s Day is a great day to surprise your significant other and remind them how deeply you love them, this day is the day where it is perfectly acceptable and encouraged to be full of romantic gestures.
The hearts day is a great way to ensure our love is shining and burning brightly, there can be a lot of romantic gestures and things to do and say to your husband or wife.
Valentine’s Day can be the day where we can be just as ridiculous as we want because you’re doing this for love. Valentine’s day is a day of extra sweets and delights and it is a great way to take this day as an opportunity to take advantage of the leniencies of the holiday.
Idea # 1: Decorate Your House or Apartment with Valentine’s Day Symbols!
It is a great time to decorate your apartment or house with symbols pertaining to the romance of Valentine’s Day by doing that you should opt for dark red and pastel pink designs that ignite passion and sexiness along the way.
You can buy some silk or linen bed sheets that are red to channel some passionate energy inside your bedroom or you can buy some wonderful red roses to be displayed above. Decorating your house or apartment doesn’t necessarily mean that you should overdo it by cutting some paper hearts, it is best to be more subtle with this one by adding some of the spices.
You can also have a treat with yourself or treat yourself with some chocolates or candies that are very popular during Valentine’s Day.
Idea # 2: Send Some Romantic Love Quotes and Messages to Your Significant Other!
Whether you are sending one to your husband, wife, girlfriend, boyfriend or to someone you love it is a great way to send your thoughts of love on this significant day.
Sending some passionate love quotes and messages either through surprise cards or text messages can be a great way to surprise your loved one because this only shows how you deeply care about them and it shows them that you value them. Even a simple greeting if “Happy Valentine’s Day!” It is a great and wonderful start.
Sending some love through language expression is a great and healthy idea, it releases them of stress, helps them alleviate their mood and it greatly helps in making them feel warm and loved. Valentine’s Day is a day where couples should feel the warmth and fuzziness of love that makes the world a better place.
If you think however that your partner is being cold towards you this could be a great sign to test that.
Idea # 3: Netflix and Chill Baby!
If Valentine’s Day is a holiday in your country well it must be lucky for you to spend this time with your partner watching some good rom-com or romance-related series and films but if Valentine’s Day is not a holiday in your country you can always take a break from work and reconnect with your partner.
Have this day as a comfy day by letting your inner geekiness with your partner prevail and so grab some sweets and popcorn and turn on Netflix and who knows what might happen after. (wink!)
Idea # 4: Reconnect With Nature This Valentine’s Day
This day can also be the day to take a break from work and do something that benefits your soul and mind, you can ask your partner to go to a beach with you or ask them to go camping with you.
This is one of the great ways to reconnect with yourself and your partner and ignite the feelings of passionate love and desire.
Idea # 5: Host a Valentine’s Day Party at your house!
Make sure to have this agreed first by your partner and if they agree then you can host a valentines day party that is a great way to have fun and lighten up your day.
Decorate some fancy heart-shaped balloons, cupid images, and V-Day related symbols. However, if you want something more subtle you instead of a loud and music-jammed Valentine’s Day party you can always try a Wine tasting party or a fancy tea party anyways this party is your choice.
Idea # 6: Do and Say Whatever Your Romantic Desires Tell You To Do!
If you’re thinking about the romantic things to say to your husband or wife say it to them! If you feel like you can boost the greatness of your already great sex life then you can buy some sexy lingerie and dresses that match the color of the day. You can even bake some sweets or send some lovable cards to your partner in secret and unknown places that may surprise them.
Valentine’s Day is the day to be creative and fun, you don’t have to follow the traditional rules, be innovative and progressive!
Valentine’s Day Quotes
Here are some of the best Valentine’s Day quotes that you can send to your loved one through text messages, emails, sticky notes or greeting cards.
- “Happy Valentine’s Day! This is a day where I commemorate that in this 7 billion people on the planet, by enigmatic circumstances I chose to go out and love you!” – Anonymous
- “Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.” – Emily Bronte, Author
- “The heart has its reasons, which reason knows not.” – Blaise Pascal, Mathematician
- “Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.” – Aristotle, Philosopher
- “Lovers don’t finally meet somewhere. They’re in each other all along.” – Rumi, Poet
- “Miracles happen, sometimes those miracles come in the form of Valentine’s Day” – Anonymous
- “I’m gonna buy you flowers because you deserve it” – Anonymous
- “Valentine’s Day is the day to keep the flame burning bright and right!”
- “If Cupid is not around this Valentine’s Day, take the role and do him a favor, go around this day shooting everyone around with bows and arrows because who needs Cupid? You are Cupid!” – Anonymous
- “V-Day is the day where all shades of pink show up and no one really cares about it” — Anonymous
- “Valentine’s Day Mantra: I love you and you love me!” – Anonymous
- There is only one happiness in life: to love and be loved.” – George Sand, Author
- “Valentine’s Day is the poet’s holiday.” – Ted Kooser, Poet
- “Your flaws are perfect for the heart that’s meant to love you.” – Trent Shelton, Football Player
- “A flower cannot blossom without sunshine, and man cannot live without love.” – Max Muller, Philologist
- “You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” – Dr. Seuss, Author
- “Love is in the air! So is the scent of sex!” – Anonymous
- “The art of love…is largely the art of persistence.” – Albert Ellis, Psychologist
- “Love planted a rose, and the world turned sweet.” – Katharine Lee Bates, Songwriter
- “Where there is love, there is life.” – Mahatma Gandhi, Civil Rights Leader
- “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.” – Helen Keller, Author
- “Valentine’s Day is the day of chocolates ruling over the planet.” – Anonymous
- “This fire that we call Loving is too strong for human minds. But just right for human souls.” – Aberjhani, Historian
- “Each time you love, love as deeply as if it were forever.” – Audre Lorde, Civil Rights Activist
- “Love is when the desire to be desired takes you so badly that you feel you could die of it.” – Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec, Painter
- “What the world really needs is more love and less paperwork.” – Pearl Bailey, Actress
- “Money can’t buy love, but it improves your bargaining position.” – Christopher Marlowe, Playwright
- “If love is the answer, could you please rephrase the question?” – Lily Tomlin, Actress
- “Look, there’s no metaphysics on earth like chocolates.” – Fernando Pessoa, Poet
- “Love is like an hourglass, with the heart filling up as the brain empties.” – Jules Renard, Author
- “Nobody will ever win the battle of the sexes. There’s too much fraternizing with the enemy.” – Henry Kissinger, Political Scientist
- “Lord! I wonder what fool it was that first invented kissing.” – Jonathon Swift, Political Satirist
- One is loved because one is loved. No reason is needed for loving. – Paulo Coelho